Applying for the one year trainee/intern program
First you must fill out the application for Kerfoot’s Foreign Student Trainee/Intern Program.
Please send the appropriate documents from the list below to me as well as my application.
To complete the application process you must send these documents:
- A current resume which should show all of your educational and work history with a picture.
- Two letters of reference preferably from your current or last job and school.
- Ds 7002 which is your training plan and must be signed by the employer and then by you, which I will help with once you have been approved for the program.
- Photocopy of passport
- Photocopy of past visas.
- Copy of your College diploma or transcript with letter stating you have graduated.
- A financial bank statement showing you have $2000U.S. available in case of any emergency or a letter and a bank statement from a friend or family stating they have the money available for your use and signed by them.
- Background check (police record) Please apply for this early as it takes a couple of weeks to get ready for you from the police station.
- Interview with Shawn Kerfoot
- Skype interview with the administrator of sponsoring Host Company which will be set up by them through your email. It is very important that you follow through on this or there is an extra charge of $100 for a no show on the interview.
Once you have received your documents package from the sponsoring host company you will then need to secure your embassy visit date. The embassy visit date to receive your visa must be done as quickly as possible once you have received your ds form by Federal Express. You must be able to arrive in the United States on the first day or within the first three days before or after the arrival date on this training plan (ds form. )Otherwise there will be an extra cost incurred for dates that would need to be changed and the paperwork that would need to be redone.
I will be helping you with the assorted paperwork needed for this program. You must secure funds before you are accepted into the program. In order to get this application and all the paperwork done in a timely manner it is very important that you stay in close contact with Shawn Kerfoot and your email. You may contact Shawn at her email which is firstname.lastname@example.org My current phone number for information is 320-245-5113..